- This event has passed.
FNBFT — NRA Basic Range Safety Officer (Oct 2017)
October 10, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - October 11, 2017 @ 9:00 pm EDT$100
Develops NRA Certified Range Safety Officers with the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.
This course is nine hours long and is conducted in a classroom and at a shooting facility. Range Safety Officer candidates will learn:
- roles and responsibilities of an RSO
- Range Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- range inspection
- range rules
- range briefings
- emergency procedures
- firearm stoppages and malfunctions
Each Range Safety Officer Candidate will receive an RSO Student Study Guide, a Basic Firearm Training Program brochure, an NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure and a Course Evaluation form.
Feel free to email or call with any questions.
Basic firearms safety knowledge to include the NRA Gun Safety Rules:
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use
This course will meet during the following dates/times:
- Tuesday, Oct. 10th, 2017 from 5:00PM to 9:00PM
- Wednesday, Oct. 11th, 2017 from 5:00PM to 9:00PM
You should bring the following to this course:
- pen and paper
We will teach at the pace required to cover all the material.
You may want to bring the following optional equipment:
- a firearm and some ammo as we will have access to the range
- eye and ear protection
Please complete ALL of the following to register for this course:
- REGISTER for the course on the NRA website (https://www.nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx?Courseid=449849&seats=24&State=n&zip=46123&radius=25.1&id=5&bsa=&youth=&women=)
- PURCHASE your course ticket below
Terms & Conditions
ALL TICKET PURCHASES, INCLUDING DEPOSITS, ARE NON-REFUNDABLEIf circumstances prevent you from attending an event, please contact us and we will do our best to transfer your ticket to a future event. There is a $50 transfer fee for this service and we require at least 7 days notice prior to the event into which you wish to transfer.