- This event has passed.
FNBFT — NRA Instructor Pistol Shooting (Oct 2017)
October 13, 2017 @ 5:45 pm - October 14, 2017 @ 6:00 pm EDT$40.00 – $270.00
This 16-hour course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching NRA’s Basics of Pistol Shooting course. Upon successful completion and acceptance by the NRA you will be an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and will receive your credentials, usually by two weeks after the course concludes.
Lunch and snacks are provided on Saturday. If you have special dietary restrictions, please bring your own appropriate lunch and snacks.
Prerequisites for this course are as follows:
- basic firearm safety and shooting skills
- successful completion of the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course (see “Registration Process” below for details on how to complete the online NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course if you haven’t already done so)
- if you are not currently an NRA instructor in Rifle or Shotgun, you will need to attend “BIT” (Basic Instructor Training) Friday night starting at 5:45 PM
- complete a pre-course questionnaire
- demonstrate your firearm proficiency in pre-course assessment exercises
You will receive an email with links to all necessary course materials upon ticket purchase.
This course will meet during the following dates/times:
- Friday, Oct. 13th, 2017 from 5:45PM to 9:00PM
- Saturday, Oct. 14th, 2017 from 8:45PM to 6:00PM
We usually end well before 6:00 PM but it depends on class size and amount of time we spend covering all materials and fielding questions.
You should bring the following to the course:
- centerfire or rimfire pistol with any style sights
- 200 rounds of ammunition (you will probably use only 50 rounds, but the extra is nice in case you need additional qualification time)
- eye and ear protection
- 3-ring binder
- pen/pencil, paper and highlighter
- the NRA Pistol book you received in the mail
- the lessons I send you as a PDF (print and put in a binder or bring a laptop/tablet/etc on which you can access them; note that there may not be cellular or wi-fi coverage in our classroom so prepare accordingly)
- we run the class (including the range portion) rain or shine; bring clothing appropriate to the weather
- hat with brim
- a good attitude
You may want to bring the following additional equipment to the course:
- bug repellent
- if you have dietary restrictions, then bring food that works for you
- you will be demonstrating your ability to teach a pistol class; bring any teaching aids that you like to utilize
Please complete ALL of the following to register for this course:
- REGISTER for the course on the NRA website (https://www.nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx?Courseid=449619&seats=22&State=n&zip=46077&radius=50.1&id=21&bsa=&youth=&women=)
- PURCHASE either a FULL or DEPOSIT ticket here:
- if you purchase a DEPOSIT ticket, you will be required to pay the balance no later than 1 week BEFORE the event; no payments will be accepted at the event
- note that the FULL ticket is slightly less expensive than the DEPOSIT/FINAL ticket combination
- If you haven’t already taken the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course, purchase the online course control codes (if you have already taken the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course you do NOT need to purchase an ONLINE ticket):
- purchase an ONLINE ticket for the course control codes here ($40)
- purchase the course control codes from the NRA at basicpistol.nra.org ($60)
Terms & Conditions
ALL TICKET PURCHASES, INCLUDING DEPOSITS, ARE NON-REFUNDABLEIf circumstances prevent you from attending an event, please contact us and we will do our best to transfer your ticket to a future event. There is a $50 transfer fee for this service and we require at least 7 days notice prior to the event into which you wish to transfer.